KINDA HOT: A book about Saint Jack

Info, news and a kind of diary covering the publication of a book about the making of the film Saint Jack in Singapore...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedok, The East, Singapore

Author, Lecturer, Screenwriter, Film Critic & Historian... Email me!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

in the post

benslaterglasses
(A photograph of me, a copy of the book, and the envelope that the book will eventually go into - taken at Books Actually by Darlene Lin)

To all who've been promised a copy of the book in the mail, I promise you that it's going to happen soon. I intend to send a wave out today, but, at the risk of sounding like a cantankerous old expat, I really hate the post offices in Singapore. Not sure why, but it never seems to take less than half an hour to perform a simple transaction (much longer for anything complicated). The ones I go to always seem very understaffed, or, they have baroque queueing systems. Enough.

There's a few things I wanted to get on this site, they don't exactly flow together, but here goes.

Kinda Hot is available from the following stores in Singapore:

- Times The Bookshop (Centrepoint, Funan Centre, Plaza Singapura, OUB, Suntec)
- Times Newslink (Changi Airport T2 North)
- Borders (ordered thrice)
- Kinokuniya
- MPH
- The Old Paliament House
- Select Book
- Campus Bookshop
- NUS Co-op

And in Malaysia:

- MPH Books
- Times The Bookshop
- Borders

I haven't even begun to publicise the book in Malaysia. That's a whole other project.

And the other thing I wanted to include was various bits of news from Saint Jack alumni. First up is the tip that our director Peter Bogdanovich is going to direct a Tom Petty concert film. Which is an interesting departure for them both...

...and I've just read Geoff Andrew's review of Paris Je T'Aime (you'll have to scroll down a ways). Where he singles out the episode co-directed by Gerard Depardieu as the best film in this portmanteau tribute to the city. It stars Jack Flowers himself Ben Gazzara alongside his Cassavetes co-star Gena Rowlands, and both apparently give "fabulous performances". It does sound pretty delicious.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wiley said...

I got my copy and started reading last night! It's great so far! I'll run a post on NotD when I'm finished. Thanks again!

9:04 AM  
Blogger ben said...

I was just wondering yesterday if that batch had arrived. Cool.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home