KINDA HOT: A book about Saint Jack

Info, news and a kind of diary covering the publication of a book about the making of the film Saint Jack in Singapore...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedok, The East, Singapore

Author, Lecturer, Screenwriter, Film Critic & Historian... Email me!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

easy does it

Scored a very nice write-up from Wiley Wiggins, who recommends reading Kinda Hot after Easy Riders, Raging Bulls, Pete Biskind's highly entertaining muck-rake through 70s Hollywood. Biskind's hi-energy style was an influence on my writing, but I made sure I never mentioned the book to Bogdanovich who totally hates it! I did tell him about Julie Salmon's wonderful The Devil's Candy, on the making of Brian De Palma's Bonfire Of The Vanities, which he'd suprisingly not heard of. Anyway, cheers Wiley!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Ben

I visited your blog just by chance. It is interesting. Will come back again.

2:25 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Thanks for dropping by Zafar. I hope to see you again.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home