KINDA HOT: A book about Saint Jack

Info, news and a kind of diary covering the publication of a book about the making of the film Saint Jack in Singapore...

My Photo
Location: Bedok, The East, Singapore

Author, Lecturer, Screenwriter, Film Critic & Historian... Email me!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

easy does it

Scored a very nice write-up from Wiley Wiggins, who recommends reading Kinda Hot after Easy Riders, Raging Bulls, Pete Biskind's highly entertaining muck-rake through 70s Hollywood. Biskind's hi-energy style was an influence on my writing, but I made sure I never mentioned the book to Bogdanovich who totally hates it! I did tell him about Julie Salmon's wonderful The Devil's Candy, on the making of Brian De Palma's Bonfire Of The Vanities, which he'd suprisingly not heard of. Anyway, cheers Wiley!


Blogger Zafar Anjum said...

Hi Ben

I visited your blog just by chance. It is interesting. Will come back again.

2:25 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Thanks for dropping by Zafar. I hope to see you again.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home